I learned something about ShareFile last week (thanks Ben Pauley!) that I did not know prior to coming to Citrix ShareFile and did not know this feature existed until a customer asked about it.
In order to email attachments directly to a ShareFile folder perform the following:
- Go to the folder on the ShareFile website that you want to email attachments to and select Request Files
- Select Give me a link I can copy and send using my own email software (optionally select the checkbox if you want to be notified when files are uploaded)
- DO NOT CHECK THE BOX FOR Require recipients to enter name and email before uploading (helps with tracking)
- Select the Request Files button
- You will then receive a URL, copy the last part of the URL (Example, copy the item highlighted to your clipboard: https://danbrinkmann.sharefile.com/r/r46e8f506f563462eb)
- Open your email client and paste this content from the URL and append with @mail.sharefile.com (Example: email@example.com)
- Hit send!
Here is a video posted by ShareFile showing this process if that is more your style – YouTube video: Send Email Attachments Directly to ShareFile