For the next time you’re trying to decide to whether to try something new in IT.
Do something new
- More training
- It might be the right decision
- Even if it fails I’ll probably learn something
- Vendor swag
- Projects are more fun than end-user support tickets
- Writing or erasing you probably get paid the same
- Likelihood of doing the same thing and getting a different result approaching zero
- Hey, doing nothing is a decision!
- Our business is unique
- Wait until we figure out what’s best
- Our users are dumb, don’t change anything
- We’re saving the company money
- I get paid the same
- More analysis = better decision